Fostering is the most emotionally rewarding yet difficult thing to do. You get to make a direct difference in the life of a dog. You get to teach it to be an obedient and social dog, and then you must let go and watch it go to its forever home. It is bittersweet, but a necessary part of rescue. Many dogs do not do well in a kennel environment, and that is where a foster home comes in. It can be tough to let go, but if you don't do it, a homeless dog will have no where to go, nor will it be given its second chance.
We will provide you with food and the dog. You just have to love it as one of your own... interested in fostering. Please let us know. We just need you to fill out this form:
In order to be considered for foster, you must observe the following:
* You must be at least 19 years of age
* You must be willing and able to care and provide stability for an animal
*You understand that all animals are sole property of Paws Across Borders Society and you are not permitted to destroy, give away or sell an animal that has been placed in your care for foster purposes and you may never cause harm or injury of any kind to a foster animal.
*IF YOU ARE A RENTER, WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM YOUR LANDLORD IS REQUIRED*
Please allow yourself the time to consider this very important decision prior to committing to a pet.
Name of Spouse:
Complete Mailing Address:
(Work) ( )
(Cell) ( )
Please answer the questions on the following pages as completely as possible.
1. Why do you want to be a foster parent?
2. Have you ever fostered for any rescue organization in the past? If yes, which organization and when?
3. What do you think are the most important responsibilities in fostering?
4. Are you willing to take the time to work with a pet on housebreaking or other issues, should the need arise? YES__ NO__ NOT APPLICABLE ____
5. Do you understand and accept that changing an animal’s environment may cause the animal to have accidents, especially in the early days of the adoption/foster? YES__ NO__
6. Does any member of the family have any allergies to animals? YES__ NO__
If yes, please explain:
7. Please describe any pets you own, in as much detail as possible (type, age, sex, etc.).
8. Is/are the animal(s) spayed/neutered? YES ___NO ___
9. Are all the animals in your household up to date on their yearly vaccines? Yes___ No___
10. Are there any children in the household? If yes, what are their ages?
11. Do they have experience handling animals? YES_____ NO_____
If yes, please explain:
12. Do you own or rent your residence? OWN_____ RENT_____
13. If renting, are pets allowed? YES_____ NO_____
14. Where will this animal be kept during the day_________, night___________, while you are at work_________________?
15. If applying to foster a dog, how long will he/she be left alone during the day______, night________
16. Where will your dog stay when left alone?
17. Do you have a fenced in yard? Yes____No____ If yes, please describe the type of fencing you have.
18. Do you understand that occasionally a foster family may have to take a foster animal to the vet to receive care? Yes___No___
19. If, for any reason, you are unable to continue fostering your animal, do you agree to notify RESCUER immediately and without hesitation? YES_____ NO_____
20. Do you have any affiliation with any other rescue group or rescue/humane organization? YES___NO___ If yes, please explain which group and your involvement with that group.
Do you understand that this animal is the property of Paws Across Borders Society and you may not adopt it to anyone, give it away, sell it, foster it out to anyone else, abuse it or breed it. You are not permitted to allow anyone else to take this animal without the knowledge AND consent of the rescue organization.
Have you ever been convicted of or investigated as in relation to animal abuse; neglect or fined under either the Provincial Dog Act or Municipal Animal Control By-Laws?
Have you had a foster application turned down by an animal placement organization?
Do you accept that Paws Across Borders Society makes no explicit or implicit guarantees in reference to the health, and/or temperament of the animal and that Paws Across Borders Society in no way can be held liable with regards to this foster placement.
While Paws Across Borders Society makes every effort to place only healthy animals and temper tested animals, we cannot 100% guarantee the health or temperament of any animal and shall not be held responsible for any injuries which may be incurred from the animal, we can not guarantee the temperament and we can not guarantee that the animal is housebroken.
By signing below, I confirm that the information I have given is true and that I recognize that any misrepresentation of the facts may result in my losing privilege of fostering a pet. I understand that this application is property of Paws Across Borders Society and I authorize investigation of all statements on this application. I also permit them to contact any veterinarians whose names are provided.
In addition, I understand the fostering decision is dependent on many factors, including but not limited to the compatibility of the family and home to the individual animal. I understand it is Paws Across Borders Society’s prerogative to decide which home is most appropriate and that their decision is final, and therefore I will not argue with the decision. I understand Paws Across Borders Society has the right to refuse any application
Signed this ________ day of __________________________, 20________